Delta 8 THC has quickly become the most-discussed topic in the cannabis world lately. D8 products are popular with users looking for something that is stronger than CBD but less potent than regular Delta 9 THC.
According to the National Cancer Institute, Delta 8 THC has antiemetic (reduces nausea), anxiolytic (reduces anxiety), appetite-stimulating, analgesic (pain-relieving) and neuroprotective properties. Much remains to be learned about D8 from more scientific research, but the anecdotal feedback from users has been very positive.
Gummies and other edibles are among the most popular ways that you can take Delta 8 THC. They are preferred by those looking for convenience, easier dosing and longer-lasting effects. They have a slower onset time (up to one hour) than vaping or tinctures. But gummies also have unique effects that can last up to 4-8 hours.
It’s highly recommended that you consult with your physician before using Delta 8, especially if you have medical conditions or take prescription medications.
Best Delta 8 Gummies
For those looking for the best Delta 8 THC gummies, we’ve put together our list of the brands that are most popular with users. All of the brands on our list have been vetted for product quality, industry reputation and the availability of third-party lab reports.
We recommend products based on our own independent research and consumer reviews. If you make a purchase through links on this page, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
15% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
What sets Delta Effex apart?
- Each gummy has 20 milligrams of D8 and includes infused terpenes
- Various fruit flavors (including strawberry, green apple, mango and blue razz)
5% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
What sets 3Chi apart?
- 25mg D8 gummies in packs of 8 or 16
- Also available: Comfortably Numb gummies with a combination of D8 and CBN formulated to promote relaxation
What should you look for when choosing Delta 8 gummies?
Here are some important things to keep in mind as you consider the best Delta 8 gummies for you:
- There is no “best” Delta 8 product or brand for a particular condition. Everyone’s body interacts differently with cannabis products. So a product what works well for one person may work differently for you. Most users have to experiment with a few different products to find the one that works best for them.
- Only buy Delta 8 products that have third-party lab reports available for them. The company will typically have links to these lab reports on their website for you to review. The test results are important to help ensure that the product is safe and has been tested for potentially dangerous chemicals and residual solvents. They will also confirm that the product has the advertised amount of Delta 8 in them.
- Read the ingredients list on the company’s website before you buy. You’ll want to ensure that you don’t have any allergies or aversions to any ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Delta 8 THC?
Delta 8 THC (short for delta 8 tetrahydrocannabinol) is one of over 100 cannabinoids that are produced naturally by the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system to promote homeostatis, or overall balance and wellness.
Delta 8 THC is very similar in molecular structure to the more commonly known Delta 9 THC. But unlike Delta 9, Delta 8 occurs naturally in very low amounts. Recent advancements in cannabis conversion have made it possible to create Delta 8 THC from hemp-derived CBD.
Will Delta 8 gummies make me feel high?
It’s quite possible to feel psychotropic effects from Delta 8, especially if you take too much. While it’s generally described by most as more mild than regular Delta 9 THC, taking Delta 8 can give you a “high” feeling. For this reason, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery after taking any Delta 8 product.
How many Delta 8 gummies should I take?
The most important thing to know is to START LOW. Most Delta 8 gummies contain between 20-25 milligrams of D8. A good starting point is 5 milligrams which is only 1/4 of a gummy. You can easily cut them up into pieces using a dinner knife.
It can take at least an hour to feel any effects from edibles. You should wait at least an hour before taking more. By starting low and increasing slowly over time, you’ll better understand how your body reacts to Delta 8 and how much that you should take for your desired results.
For more detailed information about Delta 8 dosage, please refer to our Delta 8 Dosing Guide & Calculator page.
Are these products legal?
This is currently a subject of much debate. Currently, Delta 8 products are still being sold online and locally in most states because they contain less than 0.3% Delta 9 THC as prescribed by the 2018 Farm Bill. Some consider the technical legality of Delta 8 to be a loophole and believe that it should be regulated the same as Delta 9 THC.
As a result, some states have banned Delta 8 or are currently considering its legal status. If you have concerns about the legality of Delta 8 products in your state, it is best to consult a local attorney.
For more information about Delta 8 THC products, please refer to our Delta 8 THC Beginner’s Guide.