There are many ways that people use CBD oil but have you ever considered CBD tea? It can be a wonderful way to increase your nutrient intake and get the benefits offered by CBD. If you’re intrigued by the idea of CBD tea, or even how to make it, keep reading for some insight and information.
Health Benefits of Tea
Tea has been around for thousands of years and even surpasses coffee as the most popular beverage in the world, and for good reason. It boasts a host of health benefits and comes in a variety of flavors like green, black, or white and even herbal teas.
Some major health benefits of tea include:
- Boosted immunity
- Plentiful in antioxidants
- Lower caffeine content
- May aid in weight loss
- Bone protection
You can drink it hot or cold, and it’s fairly customizable with milk, water, or sugars, or other natural sweeteners.
Why Drink CBD Tea
Aside from the above health benefits, there are other reasons to try CBD tea. Not everyone needs to take CBD oil daily. Making CBD tea is a fun and relaxing way to enjoy a boost of CBD and antioxidants.
If you’re a major tea enthusiast, it’s a great way to do a bit of experimenting to see which flavors, steeping times, and CBD flavors work well together and which ones do not. Who knows – you may discover something unique!
Both CBD and certain teas like peppermint are known to combat nausea. If you find yourself with a queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach, try drinking some peppermint tea with CBD.
How to Make CBD Tea
Combining CBD with tea seems like a no-brainer. You get the nutrient content of two potent forces with an overwhelming amount of health benefits.
Here are some possible benefits (depending on the type of tea leaves you use):
- Calming and relaxing effect
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves immune system
- Reduces pain
- May help keep you focused
There are a couple of different ways to add CBD to your tea.
1. You can add a few drops of CBD oil to your regular tea. Since oil and water do not mix, it’s best to use a water-soluble CBD product to combine the CBD and the tea appropriately.
2. If you take your tea with milk, you can use the traditional CBD oil drops since the CBD will bind to the fats in the milk.
3. You can purchase CBD-infused tea, which takes the guesswork out of wondering how much to add. You’ll need to be careful about the dose instructions, especially if you like your tea strong. Some companies put hemp leaves directly into the teabag, but you may not know exactly how much CBD is in each teabag.
Not to mention that it will probably give off a pretty strong hemp scent! If this makes you uncomfortable, it’s best to add the CBD to the tea at your discretion, so you know exactly how much you’re getting.
Be sure to follow the brewing directions exactly for a perfect cup.
Can You Make Your Own CBD Tea?
If you’re a tea master, go for it! However, simply using dried hemp plants will not result in true CBD tea. This is because heating the hemp does not release any CBD at all, just terpenes. True CBD tea involves preparing the leaves correctly.
Ultimately, the best way is to add CBD oil to hot milk or the type of tea that you normally drink.
Not All CBD is Created Equal
Before you purchase any CBD oil product, do your research by ensuring that the CBD product you’re getting is pure and unaltered. You can do this by reading online reviews, viewing third-party lab reports on the product, and determining how transparent the company is about their products.