Best CBD Oils of 2022

Best CBD Oils of 2022

CBD News Roundup for November 2021

The 2021 holiday season is officially here and it’s time for our November roundup of CBD news stories that are of most interest to users. 

This month’s summary includes new regulations for hemp-based products in the state of New York and the results of 2 recent research studies on the effects of CBD.

On behalf of the entire team at CBDOilUsers.com, I want to wish you a safe and happy holiday season and good health into the new year!

New Hemp-Derived CBD Rules for New York State

Cannabis regulators in New York state formally adopted new stricter guidelines for hemp-derived CBD products in November. The guidelines include a ban on smokable hemp and Delta-8 THC products as well as new state guidelines for manufacturing, packaging and labeling of CBD products.

The new set of rules is largely seen as a move to deter out-of-state sellers who have not had to follow the state’s guidelines in the past.

Read the full article about the final New York regulations at Hemptoday.net

Research Into CBD's Effect on Working Memory

Researchers at the Dublin City University School of Psychology in Ireland published an article on the effect of CBD on working memory performance. 54 individuals participated in the study to completion, including 28 who don’t use CBD and 26 who use CBD for a variety of reasons.

The study concluded that CBD caused no statisically significant change in working memory function for those using CBD versus those who don’t use it. They noted that further resarch is needed to fully “assess the effects of CBD on wider cognitive functioning.”

Read the research study on the National Center for Biotechnology Information website

Lawsuit for Positive Drug Test Thrown Out of Court

A lawsuit filed by an Alabama woman who tested positive on a drug test for THC after using a hemp-derived CBD tea was dismissed by a federal judge in Minnesota. The woman, who was fired from her job because of the positive test, alleged that the product from the brand Total Life Changes was falsely advertised as containing zero THC.

Read the full article on Hemp Industry Daily

Research Study on Effects of CBD on Hypertension

Researchers at the Medical University of Bialystok in Poland published their research study on the effects of CBD on hypertensive rats. Results showed that treatment with CBD improved vascular function which is important in the “prevention and therapy of essential hypertension.”

The study concludes that “using CBD as an add-on therapy might represent a promising therapeutic strategy for patients with endothelial-dysfunction-associated diseases.” Researchers added that further research is required to determine whether the beneficial effects found in this study may also apply to humans.

Read the full research study on the National Center for Biotechnology Information website

NuLeaf Naturals Acquired by Canadian Cannabis Company

NuLeaf Naturals, a leading U.S. brand of hemp-derived CBD products based in Denver, was acquired by the Canada-based cannabis company High Tide (Nasdaq: HITI) in late November. The deal is just the latest for High Tide that also effectively purchased Fab CBD and UK-based Blessed CBD earlier in 2021.

Terms of the deal included an 80% interest in NuLeaf for $31.2 million. High Tide also has a three-year option to acquire the remaining 20% at any time. It’s expected that NuLeaf Naturals will continue to do business as usual even after the sale is completed.

Read the full official press release on BusinessWire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.