Delta 8 THC products have been exploding in popularity this year. They are most popular with consumers who are looking for something stronger than CBD and those who live in states where regular Delta 9 THC is still not legal.
According to the National Cancer Institute, Delta 8 THC has antiemetic (reduces nausea), anxiolytic (reduces anxiety), appetite-stimulating, analgesic (pain-relieving) and neuroprotective properties. A lot remains to be learned about D8 from more scientific research, but the anecdotal feedback from users to date has been very positive.
Tinctures, or sublingual drops, are among the most popular ways of taking Delta 8 THC. They are taken orally and include a carrier oil such as hemp seed oil or MCT coconut oil. Some D8 tinctures contain other cannabinoids and terpenes in addition to Delta 8.
Delta 8 tinctures are preferred by those who want benefits such as more precise dosing and longer-lasting effects than vaping. They also have a faster onset time than some other methods such as gummies or capsules.
It’s highly recommended that you consult with your physician before using Delta 8, especially if you have medical conditions or take prescription medications.
Best Delta 8 Tinctures and Drops
For those looking for the best Delta 8 THC tinctures, we’ve put together our list of the brands that are most popular with users. All of the brands on our list have been vetted for product quality, industry reputation and the availability of third-party lab reports.
We recommend products based on our own independent research and consumer reviews. If you make a purchase through links on this page, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
20% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
What sets NuLeaf Naturals apart?
- Made with whole-plant hemp extract and organic virgin hemp seed oil. Includes a full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes in addition to Delta 8 THC.
- 4 choices of bottle size, including a 5 ml sample size. All bottles have the same potency with ~15 milligrams of D8 per milliliter (dropperful).
- Free priority shipping on all U.S. orders
15% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
What sets Delta Effex apart?
- Choice of 3 different terpene blends. “Chill” is an indica blend formulated for relaxation. “Focus” is a sativa blend that promotes alertness and focus. “Balance” is a hybrid blend with balanced effects.
- Each 30 milliliter bottle contains approximately 950 milligrams of Delta 8. So there are about 32 milligrams of D8 per milliliter (dropperful).
- Also offers Delta 10 tinctures
5% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
What sets 3Chi apart?
- Choice of 2 different formulas: the standard Delta 8 THC tincture and the “Comfortably Numb” D8 tincture. The Comfortably Numb tincture has a 1:1 ratio of Delta 8 and CBN to promote more restful sleep.
- Dropper (pipette) has milliliter markings for more precise serving size measurements
- Free shipping on orders over $99
No discount code is currently available for this brand
What sets Arete Hemp apart?
- Limitless Delta 8 CBC tincture has a 2:1 ratio of Delta 8 and CBC with a MCT coconut carrier oil
- Higher potency than most Delta 8 tinctures on the market. Each 30 milliliter bottle contains approximately 1200 milligrams of Delta 8 and 550 milligrams of CBC. That’s ~40 milligrams of D8 per milliliter (dropperful).
- Free shipping on orders over $100
What should you look for when choosing a Delta 8 THC tincture?
Here are some important things to keep in mind as you consider which Delta 8 tincture is best for you:
- There is no “best” Delta 8 product or brand for a particular condition. Everyone’s body interacts differently with cannabis products. So a product what works well for one person may work differently for you. Most users have to experiment with a few different products to find the one that works best for them.
- Only buy Delta 8 products that have third-party lab reports available for them. The company will typically have links to these lab reports on their website for you to review. The test results are important to help ensure that the product is safe and has been tested for potentially dangerous chemicals and residual solvents. They will also confirm that the product has the advertised amount of Delta 8 in them.
- Delta 8 THC tinctures contain more than just Delta 8. They also have a carrier oil and often contain other cannabinoids and terpenes as well. The product description and lab reports will list the specific ingredients. Be sure to read those carefully, especially if you are allergic to coconut oil or you are looking for specific effects from the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Delta 8 THC?
Delta 8 THC (short for delta 8 tetrahydrocannabinol) is one of over 100 cannabinoids that are produced naturally by the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system to promote homeostatis, or overall balance and wellness.
Delta 8 THC is very similar in molecular structure to the more commonly known Delta 9 THC. But unlike Delta 9, Delta 8 occurs naturally in very low amounts. Recent advancements in cannabis conversion have made it possible to create Delta 8 THC from hemp-derived CBD.
Will Delta 8 tinctures make me feel high?
It’s quite possible to feel psychotropic effects from Delta 8, especially if you take too much. While it’s generally described by most as more mild than regular Delta 9 THC, taking Delta 8 can give you a “high” feeling. For this reason, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery after taking any Delta 8 product.
How many drops of Delta 8 tincture should I take?
The most important thing to know is to START LOW. Depending on the potency of your tincture, that may mean just a couple of drops. By starting low and increasing slowly over time, you’ll better understand how your body reacts to Delta 8 and how much that you should take for your desired results.
For more detailed information about Delta 8 dosage, please refer to our Delta 8 Dosing Guide & Calculator page.
Can I just swallow the drops?
It’s generally recommended that you place the drops under your tongue and hold them there for at least 45-60 seconds before swallowing. This allows the Delta 8 and other cannabinoids to directly enter your bloodstream through the mucuous membranes in your mouth.
Swallowing them or adding them to a beverage is also fine. The absorption rate will be lower and onset time will be slower, but you will still feel the effects. The effects that you feel will be slightly different depending on how you take them. So you may want to try both to find what works best for you.
Are Delta 8 products legal?
This is currently a subject of much debate. Currently, Delta 8 products are still being sold online and locally in most states because they contain less than 0.3% Delta 9 THC as prescribed by the 2018 Farm Bill. Some consider the technical legality of Delta 8 to be a loophole and believe that it should be regulated the same as Delta 9 THC.
As a result, some states have banned Delta 8 or are currently considering its legal status. If you have concerns about the legality of Delta 8 products in your state, it is best to consult a local attorney.
Can I vape these tinctures?
No, you absolutely should not vape the Delta 8 tinctures that are made only for oral consumption. The carrier oils in them are not conducive to vaping and it can be potentially dangerous to do so.
For more information about Delta 8 THC products, please refer to our Delta 8 THC Beginner’s Guide.