CBD products can legally be purchased online by residents of all 50 U.S. states and most other countries. They have rapidly gained popularity among users looking to take a natural approach to their wellness.
For consumers looking to buy the best CBD products online, the choices can be overwhelming. There isn’t a best CBD oil brand for everyone or one that will always work for a specific concern. It’s important to choose a reputable brand with safe, lab-tested products, and then try it for yourself.
All of the brands on our recommended list are highly reputable companies that offer safe, lab-tested CBD products at affordable prices. They have also all received overwhelmingly positive feedback from consumers who use and trust their products.
Best CBD Brands for 2020
Need help choosing a CBD product from a reputable brand?
How did you choose the CBD brands and products on this list?
We’ve been consumer advocates in the CBD industry since 2015. We’re very familiar with the best brands in the industry based on their customer reputation, popularity, and product quality. We have thoroughly vetted each of the companies on our list for important factors, including:
- Third-party lab results readily available on their website or by request
- User-friendly website and online ordering process
- Consumer transparency and truthfulness in marketing claims
- Fair pricing and customer service practices
- Responsiveness to customer issues
Feedback from users is also an important part of our selection process. In addition to this website, we run the largest CBD oil group on Facebook. This platform allows us to get direct feedback from consumers on brands and products every day. We only include brands on our list that consistently get high marks from those using their products.
Our list of the top brands is by no means a comprehensive list of every safe and reputable CBD brand on the market. However, it is a list of the brands that we consider to be the best in the industry based on the criteria explained above.
Our Reviews of the Best CBD Oil Brands
- High-potency CBD oils with an impressive cannabinoid profile and organic hemp seed oil
- Made from organic hemp cultivated on licensed farms in Colorado
- Choices of bottle sizes ranging from 300 mg to 6000 mg (all with 60 mg/ml potency or 3 mg of CBD per drop)
- Mid-range prices that reflect their high quality (as low as $0.07/mg of CBD)
- Free shipping to all 50 U.S. states; they also ship internationally except Canada
NuLeaf Naturals is our top choice for high-potency full-spectrum CBD oil drops. They’ve earned a rating of 9.5/10 from those using their product for a variety of reasons. Reviewers mention the noticeably higher product quality, exceptional customer service and fast shipping.
NuLeaf has several bottle size options, but all of their drops contain 60 milligrams of CBD per milliliter. They are a highly recommended brand for those who want to try higher grade drops and for those who need it shipped internationally. In addition to the drops, they also offer softgel capsules that contain the same high quality full spectrum hemp extract.
25% off with code SPOOKY25 at checkout
- Large selection of products, including drops, gummies, capsules, topicals, vape liquids, and pure isolate powder
- Full-spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate CBD oils
- Choices of potency from 500 mg to 5000 mg
- Prices are among the lowest on the market (as low as $0.04/mg of CBD)
- Ships to all 50 U.S. states; free shipping on orders over $75
CBDistillery has a diverse product line and commitment to high quality and customer service. They’ve earned a rating of 9.7/10 from our users who most often mention their product quality, effectiveness, great prices, and fast shipping times. All of their products are backed with a 60-day money back guarantee.
Their most popular product is their 1000 mg 30 ml full-spectrum CBD oil tincture. It has 33 mg of CBD per milliliter and is an excellent starting point for beginners. In addition to other whole-plant options, they also have broad spectrum and isolate CBD oils, gummies and capsules for those looking for products with minimal levels of THC.
15% off with code CBDOILUSERS (gives 25% off orders over $125)
- Large selection of broad spectrum (THC free) products, including drops, gummies, capsules, topicals and bath bombs
- Flavored options for tinctures including mint, orange, and berry
- Choices of potency ranging from 300 mg (10 mg/ml) to 7500 mg (250 mg/ml)
- Among the lowest prices in the industry (as low as $0.05/mg of CBD)
- Free 2-3 day shipping on orders over $79.95; 60-day money back guarantee
cbdMD is our top pick for broad spectrum CBD products. They’ve earned a rating of 9.7/10 from users who typically mention positive results, great taste, low prices and excellent customer service. Third party lab results are posted on each product page and also available for your specific batch.
They operate their own hemp farms in Kentucky and Colorado as well as their own lab and product facilities. Customers appreciate their dedication to making quality products at affordable prices. It’s also great to see a company that’s willing to stand behind their products by offering a 60-day money back guarantee if you’re dissatisfied for any reason.
30% off with code SPOOKY30 at checkout
- Full-spectrum CBD oils in your choice of citrus, mint, berry, vanilla or natural flavor
- Choices of potency from 300 mg (10 mg/ml) to 2400 mg (80 mg/ml)
- Other popular products include CBD gummies and a topical cream for sore muscles and joints
- Lowest prices for maximum potency ($0.05/mg of CBD)
- Free U.S. shipping on orders over $89; 30-day money-back guarantee
Fab CBD has a strong commitment to product quality, lab testing and overall customer experience. Their full-spectrum CBD oil drops are made from 100% organically grown Colorado hemp. They also offer 5 flavor choices for their tinctures for those who don’t like the “earthy” taste that is typically associated with CBD oil tinctures.
Fab has rapidly become the leading “lifestyle” brand in the industry. They are very customer-focused and highly engaged in their online community. For those who buy CBD products regularly, they also have a great customer loyalty program.
30% off with code SCARY30 at checkout
- Lowest prices in the industry (as low as $0.02/mg of CBD)
- Large selection of products, including tinctures, capsules, balms, massage oil, coconut oil and concentrated hemp RSO
- Full-spectrum and isolate (THC free) CBD oils
- Hemp is organically-grown and extracted on their company farms in Central Oregon
- Free shipping to all 50 U.S. states on orders over $25; they also ship internationally to most countries except the UK and Australia
When it comes to bang for the buck, Lazarus Naturals is the industry leader. They’ve built a loyal customer base because of their low prices, high-quality products, and compassionate assistance program for those in need. In fact, they’ve been voted the Brand of the Year by members of the CBD Oil Users Group on Facebook for the last 3 years.
We particularly like their dedication to posting third-party lab reports by batch. These test results can be easily accessed on their website or by scanning the QR code on the bottle with your smartphone. Their 90-day money back guarantee speaks to the confidence in the quality of their products which clearly makes them one of the top CBD oil brands on the market.
20% off all products with code ONETIME20 (one-time use) or 5% off with code CBDOILUSERS
- Lab grade, full-spectrum CBD oils and topical cream
- Two potency choices: moderate potency is 750 mg (25 mg/ml) and high-potency is 2,400 mg (80 mg/ml)
- Hemp grown using organic practices on U.S. farms in Kentucky and North Carolina
- Mid-range prices (as low as $0.11/mg of CBD)
- Free shipping with coupon code
Spruce is a relative newcomer to the CBD industry. They have quickly made a strong impression on users looking for higher potency, all-natural tinctures at mid-range prices. We applaud their dedication to quality and commitment to third party lab testing.
Their product line is simple and not overwhelming for new users. The high-potency tincture has 80 milligrams of CBD per milliliter while the regular potency option is 25 mg/ml. They also help make dosing easier for users by including a graduated dropper in their tincture bottles.
20% off with code SPICE20 at checkout
- Worldwide shipping to all countries
- Full-spectrum CBD oils, capsules, topicals, concentrates and suppositories
- Organically-grown hemp from Denmark
- Mid-range prices (as low as $0.09/mg of CBD)
- Free shipping on all orders over $100
No brand has won as much worldwide acclaim as Endoca in the last couple of years. They are a “seed to sale” company that controls its own process of growing, processing, lab testing and distribution of its top shelf products.
They have some unique product options that stand out in the industry. These include “raw” tinctures that are carefully extracted to preserve all of the naturally-occurring cannabinoids and terpenes. Endoca also offers high potency tinctures with 150 milligrams of CBD per milliliter.
10% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
- Broad spectrum and isolate (THC free) CBD oils, gel capsules and topical pain cream
- Tinctures available in your choice of potency: 500 mg (17 mg/ml), 1000 mg (33 mg/ml) or 3000 mg (100 mg/ml)
- Sourced from all natural, non-GMO industrial hemp grown in Kentucky using the CO2 extraction method
- Low prices (as low as $0.05/mg of CBD)
- Free U.S. shipping on orders over $125; they also ship internationally to most countries except Canada and Australia
Medterra is a leading brand of broad spectrum and isolate CBD products. All of their products contain undetectable levels of THC based on their rigorous lab testing. So they are a popular choice among those with an aversion to THC or with drug testing concerns.
Their impressive lineup of products includes their tinctures, specially-formulated capsules, and cooling topical creams. They back their product quality with a 30-day money-back guarantee and also ship internationally.
15% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
4 Corners Cannabis
- Full-spectrum and THC free CBD oils, vape liquid (glycerin tincture), topical salves and pet tinctures
- Choices of tincture potency from 100 mg (10 mg/ml) to 2000 mg (66.7 mg/ml)
- Organically grown hemp from their own farm in Colorado
- Higher-end prices (as low as $0.15/mg of CBD)
- Free priority shipping on U.S. orders over $100
If you’re looking for the highest quality CBD products, then 4 Corners Cannabis deserves your consideration. This unique “seed to sale” operation is based in Colorado where they grow their own high CBD hemp and do their own extraction using organic food grade ethanol.
Their prices are higher than other brands but are reflective of their “boutique” approach and ultra-high quality products. Many users have told us that the quality is noticeably higher and that they use less of it compared to other brands to achieve effective results.
25% off with code CBDOILUSERS at checkout
- Full-spectrum CBD oils, capsules, gummies, topicals and pet products
- 4 flavor options: Mint Chocolate, Lemon Twist, Orange Blossom and Olive Oil
- CBD isolate (THC-free) drops are also available
- Mid-range prices (as low as $0.06/mg of CBD)
- Free U.S. shipping on orders over $75; also ships internationally
Charlotte’s Web is perhaps the most renowned brand name in the CBD oil industry. The company gained global recognition in 2013 as part of the CNN documentary WEED and the story of Charlotte Figi.
Today, their proprietary hemp genetics continue to be part of their growing line of whole-plant hemp extract products available online and in retail stores. Their unique blend of cannabinoids plus terpenes and flavonoids has made their products a favorite among many looking for effective and high quality CBD products.
15% off with code CBDUSERS15 at checkout
- Full-spectrum and broad spectrum CBD oils, topicals, gel caps and pet tinctures
- Hemp is grown organically on farms in Kentucky
- Extracted using fractional distillation with food grade ethanol
- Mid-range prices (as low as $0.12/mg of CBD)
- Free U.S. shipping on all orders; also ships internationally
We’re impressed with the genetics of the seeds that they use and their commitment to product testing by batch. Their loyal customers rave about the quality and consistency of their products.
Ananda Hemp is one of the few true “seed to sale” companies out there. Based on our research and feedback from users, they’re a great choice for those looking for higher quality products.
15% off with code CBD15 at checkout
5 Tips for Buying the Best CBD Oils Online
What’s the Best CBD Oil for Me?
It’s important to know that there is no best CBD brand or product for everyone. The best CBD oil is the one that works well for you. Each person has a unique endocannabinoid system, body chemistry and set of health conditions. A brand or product that works well for one person with a specific situation may not work for you at all. This reality is understandably frustrating for many of those who are new to CBD oil.
Many expect easy answers and fast results. But as many who have achieved success can attest, there’s no substitute for doing your own research, accepting that there will be some trial and error, and having a good deal of patience to find what works well for you. The good news is that when you buy from one of the companies listed above, you know that you are getting a quality product from a reputable company. Many users have had success with each of these companies for a variety of health concerns, including anxiety, chronic pain and inflammation.
1. Buy the right type of product for you
Your answers to the following two questions will help narrow down your choices as you browse through the different websites.
Do you want a full spectrum CBD oil product or a product with zero THC?
The majority of users prefer full-spectrum products because they provide synergistic benefits of the whole plant. These products include an array of the naturally-occurring cannabinoids and terpenes from cannabis. Full spectrum CBD oil has up to 0.3% THC to produce the “entourage effect.” CBD products with zero THC are known as either “broad spectrum” or “isolates.” These products are generally preferred by those who want to use CBD but either have an aversion to THC or concerns about drug testing.
How do you want to take CBD?
Drops (also referred to as tinctures) are the most popular way to take CBD oil. They are typically sold in glass bottles with a built-in dropper. The drops are placed under your tongue and held there for at least 60 seconds. This drop process allows the CBD to absorb sublingually into your bloodstream. Other popular ways to take CBD include vaping, gummies, capsules, and topical creams. How you take it is a personal decision based on your preferences. Many experienced users take multiple different products at the same time.
2. Buy a quality product from a reputable brand
Quality matters with CBD products and so does customer service. There are literally thousands of CBD companies selling products today. Some are real companies with a solid reputation among users and some are fly-by-night operations with no accountability. Of course, all of them will tell you that they have the best products out there. Never pick a brand based on one person’s opinion on social media. Especially if you feel like you are getting a sales pitch.
It’s particularly important to buy CBD oil from a brand that makes third-party lab reports readily available. The best CBD brands make them easily accessible on their website. This third party certification is the only way for you to truly know what is in the product. It also verifies that the product has been tested for heavy metals, pesticides and residual solvents.
3. Read reviews and learn from the experiences of others
This is a great way to get educated about the different brands and products available. Reading reviews of others can help you pick the brand and product that may be right for you. Our website has real user reviews for all major CBD brands that can inform you about the experiences of others who have used their products.
4. Use discount codes when buying online to save money
Quality CBD products aren’t cheap but most companies do offer promo codes that can be used on every order. These coupon codes can be entered at checkout to save money on your online purchase. Some companies also have assistance programs for veterans and people on long-term disability. Savings from these discounts can really add up over time.
Don’t assume that a higher price means that the product is higher in quality. Many of the lower priced brands that we recommend have some of the highest quality products on the market. As we explained in this recent Newsweek article, price per milligram is the best way to compare prices of different brands on an “apples to apples” basis.
5. Beware of “free trial bottle of CBD oil” offers
Sadly, there are unscrupulous companies out there looking to take advantage of people wanting to try CBD oil. A free trial bottle of CBD oil sounds like a great deal. They say you just need to pay a small shipping and handling fee. But what really happens is that they will send you a very low quality product. They’ll also keep charging your credit card every month for as much as $90 per month until you cancel your “subscription” with them. This is an outright scam that you want to avoid.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CBD and is it safe?
CBD (short for cannabidiol) is one of at least 113 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. The popularity of CBD products continues to increase as more consumers learn about the potential health benefits.
A 2017 report by the World Health Organization and limited clinical research studies have generally shown that CBD is safe and has minimal or no side effects at normal serving sizes. Hemp-derived CBD oils will not get you “high” since they contain little or no THC, the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.
Based on a 2019 customer survey conducted by CBDistillery:
- 84% of CBD users reported that CBD helps with pain after physical activity
- 88% of CBD users reported that CBD helps with mild or temporary anxiety
- 89% of CBD users reported that CBD helps you get better sleep
What does the research say?
Clinical research into the therapeutic benefits of CBD is still evolving. More research is needed but the latest studies are encouraging.
Summary of recent research findings:
- Anxiety – Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders. “Overall, existing preclinical evidence strongly supports the potential of CBD as a treatment for anxiety disorders.”
- Chronic Pain – A Balanced Approach for Cannabidiol Use in Chronic Pain. “Rising prevalence of the non-psychoactive cannabinoid CBD presents an opportunity for the treatment of intractable chronic pain for which primary treatments are insufficient or not possible.”
- Inflammation – Cannabidiol: A Brief Review of Its Therapeutic and Pharmacologic Efficacy in the Management of Joint Disease. “CBD…has shown promise in mouse model studies by attenuating pro-inflammatory immune responses.”
- Arthritis – Does CBD Help With Arthritis Pain? “We may not have all the evidence we’d like, but if CBD can safely improve your symptoms, it may be worth considering.”
- Insomnia – Cannaibdiol in Anxiety and Sleep. “The results demonstrated a more sustained response to anxiety than for sleep over time. The sleep scores demonstrated mild improvement.”
What’s the difference between full spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate?
Full spectrum products include an array of cannabinoids and terpenes including CBD and up to 0.3% THC. Broad spectrum products include CBD plus other cannabinoids and terpenes but undetectable levels of THC based on manufacturer lab testing. Isolate products are made from pure CBD isolate and don’t include any other cannabinoids or terpenes.
It’s important to understand the difference between full spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate products so you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
What’s the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil?
Most products labeled “hemp oil” do not contain any CBD. Those are typically hemp seed oil which is more commonly used for cooking or to make salad dressing. If you want to buy CBD oil, be sure to understand the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil. You’ll want to look for products that are labeled “CBD oil” or “hemp extract.”
To confirm that a product you’re interested in has CBD in it, you’ll want to look at their third-party test results. All reputable companies selling CBD oil products will make third-party lab results available to you to confirm the presence of CBD.
Will CBD make you fail a drug test?
You should only use CBD products if you are willing to accept at least some risk of testing positive. Not everyone who uses hemp-derived CBD oil tests positive. But it does happen. “Zero THC” or “THC free” means that the product has less than the lower detection limit (LOQ) for THC set by the independent lab doing the testing. These terms are commonly associated with “broad spectrum” or “isolate” CBD oil products that are derived from hemp.
While the THC is minimal, it does not mean that the product is 100% THC free. The risk of testing positive on a drug test is lower than with full spectrum CBD products that contain up to 0.3% THC based on lab results and testing. But even very trace amounts of THC in “zero THC” products can build up over time and possibly trigger a positive drug test.
Can CBD interact with medications?
Yes. CBD can have interactions with medications that are metabolized by the P450 liver enzymes in particular. This includes blood thinners and many other common prescription drugs. Before starting to use any CBD product, you should consult with your physician if you are taking any medications.
What are terpenes in CBD oil?
Terpenes are the naturally-occurring essential oils from plants, flowers, and vegetables. Terpenes are what give the plant its scent, flavor, and unique benefits. Some of the terpenes in cannabis are known for their useful therapeutic properties. For example, some terpenes are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, or relaxing properties to name a few.
How much CBD should I take?
The amount of CBD that each person should take for the best results varies by person. It’s recommended that you start low and increase slow over time to find the dosage that works best for you. Our dosage guide explains the process for getting started and finding your personal optimal dose.
Is CBD legal?
Hemp-derived CBD products (up to 0.3% THC based on lab testing reports) are federally legal in the United States. Some state and local laws are different so we encourage you to research the laws in your state if you have legal concerns.