Your “sweet spot” dose is the amount of CBD that gives you the desired results that you are looking for. And it’s important to understand that this “sweet spot” is different for each person.
Most people can take 2 aspirin and it will generally be effective for them. But with CBD, everyone’s endocannabinoid system is very different. As a result, CBD oil users need to expect to do their own experimentation to find the CBD dose that is optimal for them.
For many, less is more. We regularly hear from CBD oil users who experience headaches or other symptoms when taking CBD. Unfavorable results such as these can often be the result of too high of a dose and the user may benefit from lowering it.Smaller doses can save you money and also be more effective than larger ones. They allow you to slowly build a tolerance and maintain proper balance so that you are at less risk of overstimulating your cannabinoid receptors.
One of the most common methods for finding your “sweet spot” dose is called microdosing. CBD microdosing is a technique that involves taking very small amounts of CBD on a regular schedule.
Here are some specific instructions for how to microdose with CBD to find your “sweet spot” dose. These instructions are based on a system described by Dr. Dustin Sulak in a recent article in Rolling Stone magazine.
1. Consume 1 drop of CBD oil placed under your tongue. Before consuming, ask yourself 3 questions and answer on a scale of 1 to 10: How easy is it to breathe, how comfortable and calm does your body feel and how easy is it for you to smile authentically, to feel content and grateful. After writing down your scores, take the CBD oil, wait 45 minutes and ask yourself the questions again. If there’s been no change in your scores and you’ve felt no effect, increase the dose by one drop.
2. Repeat the process over the next few days, increasing the dose by small increments. When you reach a point where you feel a difference after consuming, you’ve found your minimal effective serving size.
3. At this point, continue raising the dose by tiny amounts. At some point, there will be no further benefit from a higher dose. You’ve established your therapeutic range, and can take the minimum dose. Continue to experiment with the timing of consumption to find what works best for you.
- Be aware that different CBD oil products have different potencies. One drop of a product with 2,500mg of CBD in a 30ml bottle is 10X as concentrated as one drop of a product with 250mg of CBD in a 30ml bottle. If you have a lower concentration product, you’ll still eventually find your “sweet spot” by using the method above but it will take longer to get there.
- If you want to try the method above but have been taking CBD previously, Dr. Sulak recommends that you abstain from CBD for 2 days before starting the process to reset your tolerance.
Other general tips for beginners:
- Be sure to shake your bottle of CBD oil well before taking it.
- Place the drop(s) under your tongue and hold it there for at least 30-60 seconds. You want the oil to absorb sublingually into your bloodstream. Don’t just swallow them.
- Be patient and don’t get discouraged if you don’t get the immediate results you were hoping for. Many people don’t get measurable results for a couple of weeks.
- Keep researching and learning from the experiences of others. There really is no substitute for a commitment to continual learning with CBD as with most things in life.
Resources: CBD Oil Dosing Log
|2||Best CBD Oil Brands of 2019|
|3||CBD Product Recommendations|
|4||CBD Brand Reviews|
|5||CBD Oil Samples|
|7||Join Our Facebook Group|
|8||Join Our Mailing List|