The CBDOilUsers.com website is NOT affiliated with this scam in any way. We are a CBD consumer education website that warns people to avoid this scam and advises them what to do if they’ve already become a victim.
The best thing that you can do is to immediately contact your bank or credit card company. Explain the situation to them and tell them that you did not authorize charges by the company listed on your statement. They will likely suggest that you cancel your existing card and get a new one issued. They can also help you get a refund for past charges.
Now let’s talk in more detail about how this scam works and what you can do to get the charges to stop.
If you are visiting this page to get more information about CBDistillery products, click here to read CBDistillery reviews from real users.
How the Free Trial Bottle of CBD Oil Scam Works
“Get A FREE Trial Bottle of CBD Oil or Gummies.” Sounds like a great deal, right? You’re told that you just have to pay a small shipping charge on your credit or debit card. But you have good reason to avoid this common CBD scam at all costs. Because giving them your credit card number could end up costing you hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Hidden in the terms and conditions of these “CBD free trial” offers is language that they will start charging the payment card you already gave them for $90 each month if you don’t call them to cancel your “subscription” within a few days. The product itself is extremely low in quality and customer service is shady or non-existent.
You will likely have problems canceling your subscription if you are able to contact the company. The “customer service reps” will try to talk you into keeping your subscription or paying a lesser amount. We’ve also heard reports from users who have been charged for other products on the credit card that they provided for the “free trial of CBD.”
“Brand names” tied to this scheme include: HempVive, Pure CBD, New Leaf Naturals, True CBD, Miracle CBD, Pro Naturals, Sky CBD, Assure CBD, Divine CBD, Pure Med, Organix, Isolate Direct, CBD XRP, Optimal Choice, Zen Labs, Star CBD, Serene and Serenity CBD. Celebrity names associated with this scam include: Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, Oprah, Willie Nelson and Steve Harvey. In reality, they have nothing to do with the scam and their names are being used illegally.
The names change but just know that any offer of a “free trial bottle of CBD oil” where you just pay shipping is typically a scam.
What If I’ve Been a Victim of This Scam?
Here’s what we recommend you do if you’ve been scammed.
- Try to call the company that charged you and cancel your subscription with them. Ask for a full refund of any charges other than the small shipping charge that you knew you were paying. Be firm with them and don’t accept a partial refund. Tell them that you will be filing a “fraud chargeback” with your credit card company and contacting your state’s attorney general if they don’t refund all of your money.
- Even if you are told that you’ll get a refund from the company, you’ll want to contact your bank or credit card company immediately. It’s safest to have them cancel your existing card and issue you a new one. That is the only way you’ll know that the scammers won’t be able to charge your card again.
- Let your bank or credit card company know that you did not authorize charges other than the small shipping charge. Ask them to file a “fraud chargeback” against the company so that you can get a refund of any excess charges.
- Don’t beat yourself up about being a victim of this scam. These scammers are preying upon thousands of people who just want to try CBD products. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and let others know about this scam if you can so they don’t fall victim to it.
- Leave a comment below about your experience to help warn others.
Legitimate Low Cost CBD Samples
If you’re interested in trying CBD, a much better alternative is buying quality CBD samples from a reputable company without obligating yourself to future shipments and charges.
Free CBD samples are rarely offered by respected brands given the high demand for these products. But there are many safe and reputable companies that do offer affordable samples.
If you’re wanting to try CBD oil for the first time or experiment with a new brand, starting with affordable CBD samples is a great option. Buying a sample size allows you to try CBD at a low price and see if it works for you before committing to a …
Get Coupon Codes and Sale Alerts Delivered to Your Inbox
Hidden Terms and Conditions of the “Free Trial Bottle of CBD Oil” Scam
The CBDOilUsers.com website is NOT affiliated with this scam in any way. We warn consumers to avoid this scam!
If you’ve been scammed, contact your bank or credit card company immediately to dispute the charges.