How the Free Trial Bottle of CBD Oil Scam Works
“Get A FREE Trial Bottle of CBD Oil.” Sounds like a great deal, right? You just have to pay a small shipping charge on your credit or debit card. But you have good reason to avoid this common CBD oil scam.
Hidden in the terms and conditions of these “free trial bottle” offers is language that they will start charging the payment card you already gave them for $90 each month if you don’t call to cancel your “subscription” with them within a few days. The product is very low quality (typically only 100mg of CBD in a 30ml bottle) and customer service is non-existent.
You may even have problems canceling your subscription and most people end up having to contact their bank or credit card company to cancel their card and get a new one issued. We’ve also heard reports from users who have unknowingly been charged for other products on the credit card that they provided for the “free trial.”
“Brand names” tied to this scheme include: HempVive, Pure CBD, New Leaf Naturals, True CBD, Miracle CBD, Pro Naturals, Sky CBD, Assure CBD, Divine CBD, Pure Med, Organix, Isolate Direct, CBD XRP, Optimal Choice, Zen Labs, Star CBD, Serene and Serenity CBD.
The names change but any offer of a “free trial bottle of CBD oil” where you just pay shipping is typically a scam.
What If I’ve Been a Victim of This Scam?
Here’s what we recommend you do if you’ve been scammed.
- Try to call the company that charged you and cancel your subscription with them. Ask for a refund of any charges other than the small shipping charge that you knew you were paying. Be firm with them and tell them that you will be filing a “fraud chargeback” with your credit card company and contacting your state’s attorney general if they don’t refund your money.
- Even if you successfully get a refund from the company, you’ll want to contact your bank or credit card company. It’s safest to have them cancel your existing card and issue you a new one. That is the only way you’ll know that the scammers won’t be able to charge your card again.
- Let your bank or credit card company know that you did not authorize charges other than the small shipping charge. Ask them to file a “fraud chargeback” against the company so that you can get a refund of any excess charges.
- Don’t beat yourself up about being a victim of this scam. These scammers are preying upon thousands of people who just want to try CBD oil. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and let others know about this scam if you can so they don’t fall victim to it.
- Leave a comment below about your experience to help warn others.
Legitimate Low Cost CBD Sample Options
If you’re interested in trying CBD oil, a much better alternative is buying a quality CBD oil sample from a reputable company without obligating yourself to future shipments and charges.
Free CBD oil samples are rarely offered by respected brands given the high demand for these products. But there are many reputable companies that do offer low-cost sample bottles.
If you’re wanting to try CBD oil for the first time or experiment with a new brand, then starting with CBD samples is a great option. We’ve carefully selected a few samples from highly reputable online sellers. There are no strings attached to any …