Welcome to the CBD Oil Users Group on Facebook! We are happy to have you as a part of our community and hope that you find the information and discussion to be useful and informative.
If you feel overwhelmed at first, you should know that is completely normal. With a little time, patience and help from the community if needed, you’ll be able to confidently make the decisions that are right for you.
Many members refer to this post often since it has answers to many of the most frequently asked questions, popular links to our group website, and group rules. You can access it anytime by clicking on the “Announcements” tab of this group.
Our mission is to educate consumers so they can educate themselves. Unlike most of the other CBD oil groups on Facebook, we will not tell you that a specific product or brand of CBD oil is best. That’s because there is no “best” for everyone.
Each person has a unique endocannabinoid system, body chemistry and severity of condition. So a CBD oil brand or product that works well for one person with a specific condition may not work for you at all.
This group is a valuable resource for asking questions and sharing experiences among users. But there is no substitute for doing your own research and self-education to identify the product that may be best for you.
Recommended CBD Brands
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions by new members.
1. What is CBD oil? CBD (short for cannabidiol) is one of at least 113 naturally-occurring chemical compounds known as cannabinoids that are found in the cannabis plant. CBD is extracted in oil form from both marijuana and hemp, both of which belong to the cannabis genus.
CBD oil that has a THC content of greater than 0.3% is considered to be marijuana, a Schedule I drug, and is generally only available in dispensaries if you live in a medical marijuana state and have the required license. Conversely, CBD oil from hemp can be purchased online by residents of all 50 U.S. states since it has a THC content of less than 0.3%. As a result, hemp-derived CBD oil will NOT get you “high.”
2. Where can I buy the “best” CBD oil? The CBD industry is still new and largely unregulated so there are literally thousands of companies selling CBD products. There are many reputable brands and also some not-so-reputable brands. We do not endorse or promote any particular brand because there is no one brand that is “best” for everyone.
We do maintain a list of safe and reputable brand
s to help narrow down the choices for those looking for recommendations. All of the brands that we recommend have been vetted for product quality, customer service and positive feedback from users in our groups. We encourage you to do your research, ask questions of others and make the choice that is right for you.
3. Will CBD oil products make me test positive on a drug test? If you are not willing to accept some risk of a positive drug test, then you should not use CBD oil products. Not everyone who takes CBD oil products tests positive but it does happen. There are several factors that come into play, including the type of product, daily dosage, body chemistry and sensitivity of the drug test.
Drug tests are typically looking to detect the presence of THC although some indicate positive if there is CBD present. “Full spectrum” CBD hemp oil products do include trace amounts of THC. The chances of testing positive are lower with broad spectrum and isolate products since they have undetectable levels of THC based on manufacturer testing. But people have tested positive for both of these product types as well.
5. What’s the difference between full spectrum, broad spectrum, and isolate CBD oil? CBD oil that includes all of the naturally-occurring cannabinoids (CBD, CBN, CBG, THC and others) and terpenes is considered full spectrum. CBD oil that has undergone processing to remove the THC only but still contains other cannabinoids and terpenes is considered broad spectrum. CBD oil that has undergone processing to remove all cannabinoids and terpenes, except CBD is considered isolate.
6. What are terpenes? Terpenes are naturally-occurring essential oils found in all plants, including cannabis/hemp.They are present in full spectrum and most broad spectrum CBD oil products. Terpenes contribute to the smell, taste and overall effects of a particular product.
7. Are CBD products legal? Hemp-derived CBD products were legalized at the federal level in the U.S. with the signing of the 2018 Farm Bill. The laws governing CBD can be inconsistent at the state and local levels. We are not able to give legal advice. If you are concerned about the legality of any product, please review the laws applicable for your state and/or consult an attorney.
Before you post to the group, please use the “Search this group” function to see if someone else has asked a similar question in the past that answers your question. Here are instructions on how to search in the group and other group etiquette tips: https://cbdoilusers.com/facebook-group-etiquette/
When you do make a post, please ensure that it is clear, substantive and does not violate any of our group rules listed below. Also please do not use colored backgrounds, use the “ask for recommendations” post option or attach photos unrelated to the content of your post. In order to help ensure the best overall group member experience and minimize spam, we manually approve all posts. New posts are typically approved within a few hours at most.
Our group rules are designed to help ensure a safe and learning-focused experience for all group members. They have been developed and refined over the course of more than 2 years of successfully running CBD education groups on Facebook.
1. Advertising/Solicitation: NO selling, promotional or “message me for more info” posts. Anyone promoting products, services or other Facebook groups will be removed from the group without warning. If someone from this group sends you an unsolicited instant message or friend request, they are probably trying to sell you something. Please report them to an admin or moderator so they can be promptly removed from the group.
2. Posting External Links: NO posting of links to websites where CBD products are for sale. This is a discussion forum, not a place to post links. It’s fine to mention and ask about any and all CBD oil brands. But do NOT post links to the websites. Standalone links to news articles will also be removed. Live videos are also not allowed unless approved in advance by an admin.
3. Testimonials. We love to hear testimonials and success stories from people using CBD oil. If you post yours, please include the name of the brand that you are taking and how long you’ve been taking it. This will help others.
4. Please Stay On Topic: This is a discussion group about legal CBD oil products to share information and experiences among users. Posts and comments about topics other than CBD oil, including kratom, copaiba, hemp flower, general marijuana advocacy, anti-pharma, anti-vaxing, anti-vaping, politics, illegal activities of any kind, or anything that is likely to incite drama, will be removed.
5. Respectful Behavior: Please treat everyone with civility and respect. We are all here to learn. This is a “drama free” group. Anyone starting or contributing to drama is subject to removal from the group without notice.
6. Do Not Give or Accept Medical or Legal Advice: To our knowledge, no one in this group is qualified to give medical or legal advice. If you have medical-related questions or concerns, you should consult your medical professional. If you have legal-related questions or concerns, you should consult an attorney in your area.
Join Our Mailing List
Other CBD Groups on Facebook
We also manage a couple of other Facebook groups that have more focused discussion on specific topics:
Avoid any offer of a “free trial bottle of CBD oil” for a small shipping fee. True, Miracle, Sky, Assure, Divine, Pure Med, Serenity, Isolate Direct, CBD XRP, Optimal Choice, and Organix CBD are just a few of the brands used for this scam. They will start charging your credit card for as much as $90 per month for low quality products.
Any offer of a ‘free trial bottle of CBD” where you just pay a small shipping fee is almost always a scam as detailed here: https://cbdoilusers.com/cbd-oil-free-trial/
MLM Brands to Be Wary Of
If someone private messages you trying to sell you a CBD product, it’s likely that they’re a “brand ambassador” for one of the multi-level marketing (MLM) companies listed below. Brand ambassadors for these MLM companies are paid to sell the product and get more people under them to sell the product.
While the products being sold are generally safe, you should be aware of the potential for inflated testimonials by those selling these products. You should also know that the prices of these products are generally higher than other reputable CBD oil brands due to the MLM business model.
For those reasons, we generally recommend avoiding these brands because there are just better or similar quality alternatives at considerably lower prices available for educated consumers.
These are the MLM brands to be wary of: Hempworx/MyDaily Choice, Q Sciences, CTFO, PrimeMyBody, Kannaway, GreenHoriZen, Zilis UltraCell/Pur 7, Biocare, Purium, Illuminent, NewYou, Vasayo/CBD One, Green Compass, Young Living/Nature’s Ultra, Revitalize and Nuvan.
Facebook Group Etiquette
In order to maximize the group experience for each member, here is some information that will help ensure a positive experience for everyone.
How do I search the group using keywords or topics that I’m interested in? Before you make a post in the group, please search the group for past posts that may immediately answer your question or give you the information that you are seeking. This also prevents the same question from being posted to the group over and over.
To search in the group, type the relevant keywords (such as “anxiety” or “lazarus naturals”) into the search bar with the magnifying glass and hit “enter.” You’ll then be shown all past posts where those keywords were mentioned in the post or the comments. On mobile devices, the search bar is at the top of your screen. On desktop computers, the search bar is on the left side below the group tab links.
How do I follow a post that I’m interested in? You’ll often see people putting an “F” or “following” as a comment so they receive notifications when someone else makes a comment on the post. But when people do this, it clogs up the comment feed and sends a notification to the original poster that really isn’t feedback on what they’ve asked.
To follow a post and receive notifications when others comment, first click on the “3 dots” in the upper right corner of the post. Then select “Turn on notifications for this post” from the drop-down menu.
How do I report a post or comment to the group admins? If another member has made a post or comment that breaks our group rules or is otherwise inappropriate, please report it to a group administrator. For posts, you do this by first clicking on the “3 dots” in the upper right corner of the post. Then select “Report to group admins” from the drop-down menu. For comments, tap or click on the offending comment and then select “Report to group admins” from the drop-down menu. When you report a post or comment to the admins, it also helps them if you utilize the function to add a reason for why you have reported it.
How do I find the “Pinned Post” that includes Group Rules, Frequently Asked Questions, Recommended Brands and other important information? To access this post at any time, first click on the “Announcements” tab in the group. The “Pinned Post” with this important information will then appear at the top of the screen on both mobile and desktop.
Have More Questions?
For any other questions that you have, please make a post in the group or visit our group website which can be a very useful resource: https://cbdoilusers.com/
It has many educational articles, brand reviews, exclusive coupon codes and other helpful resources. You can use the search box on the website to find content that is relevant to what you are looking for.
Thank you again for joining our community and best of luck on your CBD journey!
Last Updated: August 2021